WAG bags & Spill Kits
The Rubicon Trail Foundation provides
WAG bags and Spill Kits!
One unique thing about the Rubicon Trail is there are pumpable toilets. However, whenever you camp you should always be prepared and carry the basic neccessities to make your trip enjoyable. It is always suggested to carry WAG bags and a Spill Kit in your vehicle/backpack as you never know when you will need them. You would not leave home without clothes, would you?
If you are heading up to the Rubicon Trail you can always contact us to get these items. We can be reached at 888-678-2426.
Dump A Load On RTF
- What is a WAG bag kit? Each kit contains an outer zip-close disposal bag, a waste collection bag preloaded with waste treatment powder, toilet paper and a hand sanitizer towellete. The WAG (Waste Alleviation and Gelling) Bag contains enough gelling powder for 3-4 uses. The double bag system is made from a puncture resistant material.
- To dispose seal it up, pack it out and when home dispose in trash.
What is a Spill Kit?
- What is a Spill Kit? This is a kit designed to absorb any spills from fluids of a vehicle. Each kit contains zip-close disposal bag, Bio Response, absorbent pad, and RTF rag.
- Directions: Absorb as much oil as possible with the absorbent pads included in the spill kit. Apply Bio Response liquid on remaining spill, just walk away, bacteria will biodegrade what is left.
* Please do not apply to asphalt.
- First step is to control or stop the leak. Next contain what was spilled by using the absorbant pad and Bio Response. Place all materials back in the zip-close disposal bag including any soil that was saturated.
- To dispose on the Rubicon the storage shed on the west end is next to the Kiosk at Loon Lake. On the east end, the shed is located next to the restrooms in the parking lot.