Please check the maps of the property before departure. The route to FOTR Main Camp has some challenging sections. Please follow the reflectors all the way into camp.
- Turn left into the property at the sign (if you pass where Old Sluice merges back into the trail, you've gone too far)
- Go through the trees and follow the reflectors onto the slab
- Cross the Little Rubicon Creek (only 1-3 inches deep)
- Turn right and then sharp left into wash filled with rocks
- Head right out of the wash and follow reflectors along the granite
- After 150-200 yards, reflectors head down "Stair Steps"
- At the bottom of the "Stair Steps" head left toward tree line
- In tree line you will cross a wash with a small culvert
- Head up and over and you have arrived. Container and Caretaker sheds will be up ahead.
The files below are all KMZ files for Google Earth.
Red Line - Overall property boundary
Yellow Line - FOTR Main Camp general area
Green line - Route to FOTR Main Camp
It is imperative that users stay on the green route into main camp. It is well marked by reflectors on the granite.