Please check the maps of the property before departure. The route to FOTR Main Camp has some challenging sections. Please follow the reflectors all the way into camp.
- Turn left into the property at the sign (if you pass where Old Sluice merges back into the trail, you've gone too far)
- Go through the trees and follow the reflectors onto the slab
- Cross the Little Rubicon Creek (only 1-3 inches deep)
- Turn right and then sharp left into wash filled with rocks
- Head right out of the wash and follow reflectors along the granite
- After 150-200 yards, reflectors head down "Stair Steps"
- At the bottom of the "Stair Steps" head left toward tree line
- In tree line you will cross a wash with a small culvert
- Head up and over and you have arrived. Container and Caretaker sheds will be up ahead.
The files below are all KMZ files for Google Earth.
Rubicon Trail Foundation highly recommends the Mobile App, On X Hunt. This app will allow you to track you around the property and show you the boundary lines, so you know you are on our property. You do not need cell service to use the app. It has a 7 day free trial, and costs $29 for the year for the State of California map, which is pre-downloaded. Use the file below to import into your account on the website. When you log into the app, you will see the group campsites, FOTR main camp and the property boundary.
Red Line - Overall property boundary
Yellow Line - FOTR Main Camp general area
Green line - Route to FOTR Main Camp
It is imperative that users stay on the green route into main camp. It is well marked by reflectors on the granite.