Please check the maps of the property before departure. The route to FOTR Main Camp has some challenging sections. Please follow the reflectors all the way into camp.
- Turn left into the property at the sign (if you pass where Old Sluice merges back into the trail, you've gone too far)
- Go through the trees and follow the reflectors onto the slab
- Cross the Little Rubicon Creek (only 1-3 inches deep)
- Turn right and then sharp left into wash filled with rocks
- Head right out of the wash and follow reflectors on the granite
- After 150-200 yards, reflectors head down "Trash Can Hill"
- At the bottom of the Trash Can Hill, head left toward the treeline
- In treeline, you will cross a wash with a small culvert
- Head up and over and you have arrived. Container and Caretaker sheds will be up ahead.
The files below are all KMZ files for Google Earth.
Rubicon Trail Foundation highly recommends the Mobile App, OnX Off-Road. This app will allow you to track you around the property and show you the boundary lines, so you know you are on our property. You do not need cell service to use the app, as you can pre-load an area of the Rubicon Trail before you leave your home. Download this file to give you the route, common locations and boundaries.
Currently, the Rubicon Trail Foundation and volunteers are mapping a "loop road" around the property for all to enjoy. This process is currently being undertaken this summer. Initial mapping for the first portion has been completed, but detailed tracks for trail users to download and trail markers to delineate the trail have not been completed. We want the road open as soon as possible, but as you can imagine it takes time, manpower, and a little technology to get it all completed. We are hoping to have this road open to the public before the end of the 2020 wheeling season. Until then, please be respectful and stick to the already mapped and approved areas. For more information, please email email@example.com, the chairperson of the Property Committee.
Red Line - Overall property boundary
Yellow Line - FOTR Main Camp general area
Green line - Route to FOTR Main Camp
It is imperative that users stay on the green route into main camp. It is well marked by reflectors on the granite.